The lack of research data on ageing issues is a bottleneck for formulating and implementing policies for betterment of the ever increasing ageing population.
In response to this challenge, we initiated the Ageing Research Fellowship in 2016. Every year we support three students for their master thesis on ageing issues. Since 2019, M.Phil theses have been also given eligibility. It is the first scholarship in Nepal to support students doing research in the field of old age. The aim of the project is to sensitize the young generation on issues of older people. In addition, the project also promotes gerontological research and work in Nepal.
Even after the completion of the research, graduates are encouraged to contribute in the field of ageing population of Nepal.
- Pratima Khatri: Psychosocial Wellbeing of the Elderly Patients with Non-communicable Disease; Master in Nursing Maharajgunj Nursing Campus, TU
- Lazana Deshar: Ageing and Digital Literacy in Nepal; Master in Sociology; Patan Multiple Campus, TU
- Bijay Thapa: Psychological Distress and Anxiety among Elderly Population diagnosed with Glaucomal; Master in Psychology and Philosophy, Trichandra Mailtiple Campus, TU
- Anita Munikar: Perception of Nurses Regarding Geriatric Care Environment in Selected Hospitals; Master in Nursing; Maharajgunj Nursing Campus, TU
- Ashmita Nepal: Factors associated with Health Care Utilization among the Elderly Population of Tansen Municipality; Master in Public Health Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Science, TU
- Shankar Prasad Sharm: The Effect of Health Literacy in Health; Behaviors of Elderly Citizens in Kailali District; M.Phil, Social Science and Educatio; Open University
- Kalpana Pun: Older Adults Care Homes in Nepal: Loneliness and Coping Mechanisms; Master in Social; Central Department of Social Work, Central Department of Social Work, TU
- Sakuntala Ghimire: Elderly Mistreatment: Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation in Old Age Homes of Kathmandu Valley; Master in Public Health; Pokhara University
- Baburam Subedi: Health Service Utilization and its Associated Factors among Older Population in a Municipality of Rupandehi District, Nepal, Master in Public Health Patam Academy of Health Science (PAHS)