Continued production of monthly e-newsletter "Voice of Senior Citizens" that is appreciatively received by more than four thousand concerned organizations and individuals across the globe. Voice of Senior Citizens is the only window available for English readers to get periodic news on the elderly of Nepal.
Supported in completion of student thesis, "Effects of Migrants on Wellbeing of Ageing Population in Rural Nepal”.
Published New Year Calendar containing motivational message of senior citizens in Nepal in collaboration with HelpAge International Nepal and Nepal Participatory Action Network (NEPAN).
Participated in capacity building workshop to support National Policy.
Participated in the regional workshop on ageing in Asia and Pacific held in Bangkok, Thailand.
Published training manual for health workers concerning care of elderly in collaboration with Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP).
Commemorated WEAAD in collaboration with the government, International Network for Prevention of Elder Abuse (INPEA) and national NGOs.
• Conducted orientation/sensitization programmes concerning elder abuse and ageing population in different colleges of Kathmandu Valley. 223 undergraduate students of five colleges were sensitized.
• 80 % of the Kathmandu population was reached with stickers, pamphlets, posters and booklets with messages on elder abuse.
• 90% of Nepal population was reached with talk shows, interviews, dramas and songs through National Radios (Nepal Radio, Sagarmatha FM, and Capital FM) and TVs (NTV and Sagarmatha TV) regarding elder abuse and neglect of older people.
• Published articles regarding elder abuse and neglect of older people in national dailies, i.e., Gorkhapatra, Annapurna Post and Republica.
• Produced soft copy of collection of Student Essays on Elder Abuse.
• Many Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) like NEPAN, Sankalpa Nepal, Human Rights Alliance and National Senior Citizens Federation including National Human Rights Commission and Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare got committed to observe WEAAD at national level.
Supported thesis of two Master's level students of University of Sheffield, concerning nutrition and depression among the elderly of Kathmandu (Pharping) area.
Started publication of 50 paged bimonthly magazine “JyesthaNagarik" in Nepali with support from HelpAge International Nepal. This is the first and the only magazine of Nepal on ageing issues in national language.
Celebrated the First National Festival of Senior Citizens on October 1, 2012 in coordination with Man Mohan Memorial Foundation, NEPAN and HelpAge International Nepal.
Provided internship opportunity for students from Thames Int’l College, K&K Int'l College, Kathmandu Model College (KMC), National Integrated College NIC), Kadambari Memorial College, Bright Vision Int'l College and Mega College.
Observed 64th World Human Rights Day with National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and many other concerned organizations on 10th December.
Published the first ever data bank, Year Book of Senior Citizens Nepal-2012.